Weld Integrity – EB Welding is a machine-controlled process, settings are fixed at the development stage for use in production.
The EB weld process is a vacuum remelt of parent materials resulting in exceptional quality, these are QC options
- Visual Inspection – using minimum x 10 magnification.
- Penetrant Crack Detection – Fluorescent dye is used to find surface defects too small for visual examination.
- Radiography – X-ray can identify sub-surface defects hidden from 1. & 2.
- Ultrasonic Testing – Ultrasonic testing can provide a cost-effective alternative to X-ray
- Pressure or Vacuum Leak Testing – Provide performance tests of individual components.
- Batch Control Test Pieces – Test pieces simulating the component can be used for batch quality control. They enable NDT and macro and micro section examination.
- Process Control Specification – ENISO now offers process control and acceptance criteria specification.
- EBP has its own specification for weld acceptance criteria, EBP/QAS/01 latest issue. which is available on request.